The Clerk is responsible for:
- Preparing Council agendas and minutes
- FOIA requests and issues pertaining to the Michigan Freedom of Information Act.
- Safekeeping of all City documents and Council proceedings.
- Publishing of public notices.
- Maintaining all local, state, and federal elections.
- Request Absentee Ballot Application.
- Voter Registration.
- Military & Overseas Voters Empowerment Act (“MOVE Act”).
- Candidate Listing and Ballot Proposals.
- Chief Accountant (reconciling statements and providing for checks and balances and maintain a uniform systems of accounts).