Clerk -- Tessa Wightman
319 MN. Nelson St Phone: (517)645-7641 ext. 202
P.O. Box 488 Fax: (517)645-7810
Somerville, MI 48876 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
The Clerk is responsible for:
- Preparing Council agendas and minutes
- Safekeeping of all City documents and Council proceedings
- Publishing of public notices
- Maintaining all local, state, and federal elections
- Request Absentee Ballot Application
- Register to Vote
- Military & Overseas Voters Empowerment Act (MOVE Act)
- Candidate Listing and Ballot Proposals
- Chief Accountant (reconciling statements and providing for checks and balances and maintain a uniform systems of accounts).